Corton Audio... Our priority is SAFETY!
HEALTH & SAFETY @
At Corton Audio we enjoy doing what we do and we make event safety and risk management a priority! The safety of both our staff, clients, members of the public and anyone else who may be working, assisting, attending or volunteering an event is of utmost importance on each event or work site.
Over the last fourteen years Corton Audio have spent numerous amounts of time, training and thousands of dollars each year on ensuring that at Corton Audio we provide services that meet, if not exceed safety requirements for the entertainment, live production & events industry.
Corton Audio has adopted the complete 'CortonSafe' system - a complete safety, induction risk management and risk assessment policy and working document which covers all Corton Audio services and job activities, insuring we have a strong framework in place on which to oversee, implement and develop our services in a way that ensures the safety of all.
At Corton Audio we aren't afraid to take a firm approach when it comes to the safety of our clients, staff, members of the public or any other aspect of safety... No activity is worth an accident, injury or someone’s life!
At Corton Audio we ensure that advanced safety precautions are undertaken at all times, this includes:
- Testing and tagging of all our extensive electrical inventory (including being completed before hires and on return) in full compliance with AS/NZS 3760:2010.
- A fully adopted OH&S policy, risk management strategy and risk management policy.
- An over-all risk assessment document covering all our day to day job activities.
- Individual completion of event specific worksheets, JSA's and risk assessment's to outline on-site risks or hazards that may not be present in the over-all risk assessment.
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS's) completed, covering all services and job activities to outline all processes on how to complete tasks safely.
- First aid trained staff on-site at every Corton Audio event, with access to stocked, in-date first aid kits and equipment.
- MSDS's (Material Safety Data Sheets) are stored and retained on-site at all events where deemed required and where substances (chemicals/liquids/other items) are used requiring MSDS's on-site.
- The storage of industry safety and guideline documents on-site in the event that we need to review the requirements of a specific task on-site.
- Vehicle folders containing: Accident/Near miss report forms, accident checklist and insurance documentation.
- Storage of all training and safety certificates available on request.
At Corton Audio we are fully insured and hold current public liability insurance provided from our industry specific brokers. We challenge you to ask your current production (sound and lighting) supplier if they are insured? it just may be that they aren't!
We have a severe thunderstorm and weather policy in place to outline and monitor weather at all our events both indoor and outdoor.... You might be wondering why indoor? well keep in mind that power used to supply and operate equipment is often fed via an outside source (usually the grid) this grid can have the usual spikes and surges common in severe weather. This policy details the regular checking and logging of weather radar to detect and monitor weather before it reaches the events site and before it has the potential to cause damage or risk to persons and property (including: our assets, equipment, staff, crew, members of the public, performers, bands, event staff, volunteers and other personal on-site).
At Corton Audio we may be a small business, however we work hard to set the standard for safety...
Whether its a safety (back-up) chain on all our lighting fixtures, rated, inspected and tested clamps, taping down leads, implementing cable covers to protect assets, placing shot bags (weight bags) on stand legs to aid in keeping them secure or ensuring each item of our inventory is tested and tagged and valid at all times... We take safety seriously and focus on providing services that are safe!
For more information on Corton Audio's safety/OH&S procedures please contact us at Corton Audio, we look forward to hearing from you.
An example on how we take safety seriously...
In this photo to the left we are providing temporary site power in the form of a 3-phase generator.
As part of our safety procedures the vehicle and generator are located as far away from the worksite as possible minimising both risk, tampering and hazards.
We have implemented equipment to stop the access of vehicles into a safe identified perimeter around the generator site, protected via fence-line from the public. Two fire extinguishers are located easily accessible towards the rear of the generator with both a third extinguisher out of site towards the front of the vehicle.
From here all 3-phase cabling runs along the fence line to the site and by doing so we basically eliminate the risk of slips, trips and falls on cabling. Where cabling has to cut across walkways and open areas appropriate cable protection and covering devices were used.
This entire temporary installation included RCD and spike protection and was distributed down to single phase via 3-phase distribution boards. All equipment was tested & tagged to AS/NZS 3760.
Certificate's of currency:
Please see copies of OH&S information & certificates found below.
Documents up to date at time of upload only.
Health & Safety - Mental Health Support Services:
At Corton Audio we understand health and safety is also important for mental health. If you aren't feeling great click here for a list of industry support services:
Risk Assessments & Risk Management:
At Corton Audio each individual event, project or booking has it's own risk assessment and risk management undertaking.
To us at Corton Audio each individual event we do has a different risk or hazard. Due to this we look at each event, project or booking from a clean slate and establishing what hazards are present on-site, the risks associated with the event and how we can best manage them.
Corton Audio CortonSafe system enables us the ability to safely manage event site risks including:
- Electrical & Power;
- Closest medical and hospital services;
- Emergency Contacts;
- A complete undertaking of job JSA's;
- As well as a host of other risk & hazard management documents.
The risks associated with live production, events and the services we provide take specialist skills, training and experience and we pride ourselves on providing services that are safe & enjoyable for all.
Our team take safety seriously! We have been involved with road-side job activities, worked around bodies of water, remote areas, bush projects & jobs involving kids and children and produce safe & reliable event services.
We thank you for choosing Corton Audio.